Well July went out with a bang!! I am a caregiver for 2 precious people in my life. I took the remainder of July off thinking my spouse would have some difficulties. He did fairly well compared to my mother. I almost lost her twice during her hospital stay.
Four Midlife thoughts from a Caregiver:
- They say God will not give you more than you can handle….although my faith is high; I have really began to questioned this phrase. What if you have been given more than your emotions can handle? Do you tell God to stop? Have you told God to stop? I sure have asked him to slow down the pace
2. Is there a limit to your calling to be a Caregiver? I have been a Caregiver since the age of 12. I have no regrets of this calling but do wonder about life outside of this calling.
3. What about Love? Is it real? Can it be real? My favorite all time song has been Foreigner’s ” I want to know what love is”….. In your 50’s, 60’s & beyond can you find it, have you found it or are you still wondering?
4. Time…Do you give of your time as a gift? Such as volunteering or just helping someone. Time at the Midlife stage sometimes feels as if it flies away but given the gift of time makes two or more people feel good about themselves.
Let’s review Four Midlife thoughts from a Caregiver!
- Is there a time in life especially Midlife when God may have given you more than you can handle emotionally and faithfully?
- Is there a limit to how much time in life you allow yourself to be a Caregiver
- What about Love? Is it real? Is it out there to be found?
- Time…it’s a precious gift to give.
Leave some comments below and Thank you for visiting!!